Social Media SpecialistThe WNET Group
Key responsibilities include:
- Writing custom copy for each social platform that is on brand and within each brand’s voice (primarily Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter);
- Managing social communities across platforms;
- Maintaining daily content calendars and scheduling daily content;
- Establishing campaign KPIs for individual brands and social platforms;
- Collecting and analyzing data to report on the success of all posts and communities;
- Conducting regular social listening;
- Collaborating closely with all stakeholders, including production units, publicity/PR, creative, and other digital staff
- Coordinating delivery and distribution of social media assets and toolkits;
- Offering content optimization recommendations;
- Identifying opportunities for live experiences across platforms and supporting planning and production;
- Remaining current on social media news, trends, and platform updates; Participating in content brainstorms;
- Participating in content brainstorms;
- Advising on current and evolving social media best practices;
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in social media marketing for a brand;
- Proficiency with Facebook Creator Studio, Twitter Media Studio, Hootsuite, and other third-party publishing and social listening tools;
- Strong copywriting skills, as well as the ability to communicate a message in brand tone and voice;
- Ability to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data, and how to optimize content based on findings;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work with both internal and external clients and stakeholders.
Candidates with experience in the television/media industry and/or nonprofit sector preferred, but not required.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
The WNET Group
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
The WNET Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee’s or an employee’s dependent’s sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.