Senior Producer – African American Markets
Infusion by Castells (New York)
Salary Range: $100,000 – $120,000
The Producer will lead all African American Market Direct Response and Brand integrated productions for the agency’s largest telecom/mobile client, which are in dual-language and leverage influencers and celebrities. Reports to the Co-Chief Creative Officer, as well as the Partner, EVP of Marketing and Strategy. We are looking for a positive ’can-do’ and highly organized candidate with impeccable attention to detail and process, telecom experience, strong production knowledge and contacts, who knows how to bring a creative vision to life seamlessly, and is a clear and effective communicator.
- Lead all the production work for powerful 360º TV/Digital campaigns, as a skilled business person and negotiator to manage a production’s complex elements, and unflappable in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage and control the entire production process from briefing through pre-pro, post-production and numerous versioning, working in partnership with the client, creatives and account team.
- Responsible for taking the agreed-upon creative idea and bringing the clients’ wishes to life on air and/or on screens and other channels, and supporting the internal team, representing, owning, championing and finding creative solutions to address inevitable challenges or roadblocks.
- Credible in the production world with strong relationships to recommend the best partners for jobs, including director, editor, music house and graphics treatments, casting agents, locations, animators, etc.
- Astutely explain the production quote to a client in detail, justifying all costs, vendors and approaches, with ability to ‘ballpark’ quotes when first presented concepts to see if it is likely to be within budget.
- Knowledgeable in the latest production techniques, sources, production house capabilities, cost factors, SAG/AFTRA guidelines, union/non-union issues and legal/regulatory codes, explain what is possible and what is not, as well as have the ability to edit film and other content in the edit suite.
- Skilled negotiator with strong TV/film craft combining big ideas and creative problem solving to navigate multiple expectations and needs while managing the budget and not compromising quality.
- Build a strong relationship with senior-level and day-to-day clients, listen and respond to their needs, instill trust of the work and the agency with conviction, rationale and insights, and drive innovation.
- Must be flexible to client requests and changes, as clients are very involved in the process.
- Manage agency video library for storage of film, tape masters and TV/digital/radio scripts.
- Must be a team player. Driven, focused and passionate. No egos, please.
- This is not a 9 to 5 job, but definitely flexible.
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience within a broadcast or agency environment, and Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong technical, process management, leadership, decision-making, communicating and presentation skills, logical thinking, creative problem solving, and understanding of the business.
- Skilled at navigating their way through conflict in high pressured situations, and remaining calm while managing urgent deadlines, organizing and multi-tasking a variety of details.
- Proficiency in production, editing, and online tools and systems (Mac and PC); knowledge of Excel, MS Word, Quark, and comfortable learning new systems.
- Travel to shoots and client meetings required.
Please submit an email with attachments, a brief cover letter describing your background and interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.