Senior Audience Engagement Specialist, ALL ARTSThe WNET Group
How do you grow audiences for a new public media arts & culture platform amidst the streaming wars and linear TV declines?
At The WNET Group, we are looking for a seasoned creative, strategic thinker who can use a range of marketing, publicity and social media tools to increase awareness, viewership and engagement of our arts & culture platform ALL ARTS, and its original programming, across platforms, nationally and locally
Using a custom mix of earned, owned and paid media, influencer and partner engagement, and dynamic and engaging digital content (e.g. web and social), the Senior Audience Engagement Specialist delivers new audiences to the free ALL ARTS app, allarts.org, ALL ARTS social media, and its New York metro area TV channel.
If you’re a creative, meticulous PR or marketing professional with a minimum of 5 years of relevant, hands-on work experience, this is your chance to take your career to new levels and engage diverse audiences in meaningful, inspiring arts & culture content on behalf of a leading public media producer and community-supported nonprofit institution.
The Senior Audience Engagement Specialist will report to the Director of Audience Engagement and work closely on a daily basis with the ALL ARTS team (leadership, production, social media, web) and other The WNET Group departments (e.g. programming, creative teams) to develop, execute and optimize data-driven multi-platform publicity and marketing campaigns for ALL ARTS and it’s programming with specific, measurable KPIs for driving brand awareness and viewership as well as increasing audiences engagement. You’ll take the lead in identifying target audiences; creating messaging; and planning, managing and supporting all engagement efforts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with ALL ARTS leadership, production and programming to identify program priorities, define goals, and support efforts to develop and maintain new audiences and engage and retain existing audiences;
- Identify, plan and oversee data-driven, creative, measurable multiplatform campaigns with earned, owned and paid media tactics;
- Conduct targeted media outreach to drive earned media coverage of projects;
- Writing for a variety of uses, including paid and organic social media, Google ads, website copy, blogs, publicity and marketing materials, and e-newsletters;
- Identify and engage appropriate thought leaders, partners and influencers to support campaign goals;
- Review and ensure alignment of brand messaging in fundraising, education and other materials;
- Clearly communicate campaign results and insights with ALL ARTS leadership, production and peers to drive collaboration, achieve goals, and improve outcomes;
- Cooperatively and productively work with external partners, including high-profile and emerging artists, producers and arts organizations, to achieve goals;
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in digital marketing, audience engagement and/or publicity including experience managing digital marketing campaigns across platforms for television, streaming, digital publishers, and/or online media business;
- Strong strategic planning, project management and communication skills;
- Strong writing skills, including campaign reporting, media pitches, press releases, copywriting for ads, social, blogs, and more including SEO;
- Data-driven multi-platform campaign planning, execution, optimization and reporting with a strong understanding of digital analytics (Google Analytics, social media platform analytics, OTT platforms);
- Content marketing experience including audience targeting and segmentation;
- Experience pitching media who cover arts, culture, and/or entertainment with established relationships;
- Record of measurable improvements in Audience Engagement, Audience Development and ratings;
Candidates with experience with artists and/or arts & culture organizations, Office365, Cision, Basecamp, WordPress, Mailchimp, Constant Contact and/or Salesforce are preferred.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
The WNET Group
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
The WNET Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee’s or an employee’s dependent’s sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.