Project Manager – Marketing & Advertising Industry
As Project Manager, you play a critical role in ensuring agency, account and project ops run like Navy SEAL team. You proactively work alongside the Studio, Account, Strategy and Creative teams to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope, budget and timeline. You coordinate and monitor the flow of all aspects of a project from initiation to completion, including wrap up, case studies and award submission. In this role, you are responsible for maintaining the budget and timeline while monitoring tasks, schedules, labor hours, vendors, outside expenses, and preparing technical summary reports for the management team. You utilize hindsight and project data to make future projects more productive and cost-efficient.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building strong and productive relationships with Studio Coordination, Account, Strategy and Creative teams; Supporting Account to build solid client relationships ensuring satisfaction
- Developing comprehensive project plans with milestones to be shared with the client, team and vendors; Ensuring milestones and deadlines are met
- Setting and meeting budgetary objectives; Adjusting project constraints from financial analysis
- Ensuring processes and protocols are followed with sign offs on budgets, contracts, SOWs, POs, creative briefs, change orders and notes; Working to protect agency revenue and margin
- Hosting project kick-off meetings to set clear expectations of roles and responsibilities
- Communicating project information with transparency and consistency; Ensuring clarity, completeness, and understanding by the entire team; Drafting actionable meeting notes
- Clarifying requirements for each project deliverable, inc. client, media and production specs
- Forecasting, mitigating, and solving project risks and issues; Providing work arounds
- Liaising with vendors, including identifying, negotiating, setting up and managing outside production resources (e.g., printers, videographers, photographers, proofreaders, etc.)
- Tracking project performance and the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Feeding back on processes and assisting in identifying internal strategies to constantly
improve efficiencies and effectiveness
- Note: We truly value work/life balance, and believe the best work comes from energized and refreshed minds. Yet occasional after hours and weekend work may be required from time-to-time when client deadlines dictate.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- You have 3+ years’ experience in project management; PMP Certification a plus!
- You can relay goals, project status and specs to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You have demonstrated experience working in both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- You possess sound time management, as well as analytical and problem-solving skills
- You can prioritize and multi-task to manage projects to successful completion
- You are comfortable and clear in your written and verbal communications
- You are proficient in MS Office/ G Suite programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint); Experience with Keynote and InDesign a plus
- You are familiar with collaboration (e.g., Slack, Google Docs) and agency management software
- You thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial spirited environment
The Mixx has generous benefits for full time employees including healthy vacation time, work from home policies, health insurance, continuing education, perks, and 401K with employer match.
The Mixx is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an
individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status,
pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. The Mixx will consider qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
Email resume + cover letter to email@example.com