Media Relations Specialist – Health & Wellness – New York City
King + Company is seeking a highly motivated media relations specialist who loves to tell stories and pitch. We are looking for a passionate self-starter with interest and awareness in today’s rapidly changing media landscape, including the fields of aging, wellness and patient-centered care.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic and creative thinker who loves to pitch and has a strong track record of placing stories in local and national outlets. Excellent writing and story development skills are essential, as is attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
We offer a fun, creative work environment that is an excellent place to grow, sharpen skills and build lasting relationships with great clients and colleagues. Generous compensation and full benefits provided, including health, vision and dental insurance and 401k. At present, all employees work remotely due to pandemic protocols, but we anticipate returning to a flexible in-office/remote situation in our award-winning space by late fall.
Our firm has enjoyed rapid expansion and success in the last several years and has been ranked as a leading U.S. firm by PR Week, O’Dwyer’s and The Holmes Report.
- Co-lead media outreach for two anchor healthcare accounts
- Play an active role in planning strategic communications initiatives
- Proactive media relations to achieve quality, high-impact placements on a regular basis
- Write and edit various communications materials that meet client objectives, including talking points, bios, byline articles, press releases and related items
- Manage junior staff by motivating, coaching and consistently providing feedback and direction
- Lead ongoing client calls, brainstorms and attend in-person meetings and events
- Serve as primary point person for daily client communications on one or more accounts
- Build and enhance relationships with key members of the media
- Understand the client’s overall business objectives and develop strategies in order to effectively promote specific awareness campaigns
- Stay abreast of news/trends/issues that are relevant to clients and the broader landscape
- 4 + years of experience working in a communications/public relations agency or non-profit
- Experience and interest in working with non-profit, health-focused accounts
- Strong writing skills and experience developing compelling pitches, releases and contributed articles
- Ability to take initiative, proactively pitch and anticipate client needs
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to work quickly under pressure, handling and prioritizing multiple assignments while consistently meeting deadlines
- Strong understanding of traditional and non-traditional PR tactics, including social media integrations
- Relationships with regional + national consumer, lifestyle, health and nonprofit press
- B.S/BA in public relations, marketing, business communications or related field preferred
- Creative and energetic personality
To apply today, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.