Cultural Insights and Research Project Manager
Horowitz Research, a leading cultural insights and market research firm, is searching for a Cultural Insights Research Project Manager.
Horowitz is a leader in the Latinx, Black, Asian, and pan-multicultural research space. We provide cutting-edge insights to companies who want to learn how to engage with and grow their Latinx, Black, Asian, and other diverse customers and audiences.
Given the current socio-political environment, our business is thriving! We are excited to offer employment opportunities for researchers who are passionate about cultural and consumer insights and who have a good grasp on quantitative and qualitative research methods. We would be particularly eager to speak to you if you have a background in anthropology, sociology, psychology, social justice, critical race theory, gender studies, and/or cultural studies and if you bring second language skills to the table.
…Feel energized about the cultural, demographic, and socio-political shifts happening in the United States right now?
…Have cultural savvy and critical thinking skills?
…Love the idea of doing work that has the potential to drive social change?
…Thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and dynamic work environment with like-minded people?
…Have an innate curiosity about the “whys” behind consumer behavior?
Are you excited to apply your passion and knowledge to deliver meaningful strategic insights and recommendations for our clients in media, entertainment, technology, grocery, consumer packaged goods, travel and hospitality, automotive, and other industry verticals?
Then this role would be perfect for you!
- Work with clients and Horowitz senior leadership to conceptualize, design, and implement research projects to uncover cultural insights: Leverage our robust toolbox of research methods including focus groups, IDIs, ethnography, videography, mobile ethnography, shop-alongs, survey research, online research communities and more to answer our clients’ most pressing questions about Latinx, Black, Asian, and other diverse consumers and communities;
- Manage research projects: Oversee the execution of research projects from study design to final reporting and analysis. This includes identifying, engaging, and managing the appropriate research vendors, overseeing testing of programs, developing banner and tab plans, and serving as the main client contact for the duration of the project;
- Questionnaire design and report writing: Writing and reviewing questionnaires and moderator’s guides, developing and reviewing quantitative and qualitative reports;
- Data analysis: Work with qualitative and quantitative data to find the answers our clients need and apply your cultural knowledge and critical thinking skills to find the “aha” moment in those data;
- Storytelling: Create visually compelling reports using tools such as PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and more to effectively communicate the story behind the data to our clients;
- Maintain a high level of client satisfaction: Ensure client needs are met and their questions are answered in a timely fashion.
- 3+ years of experience in market research, with experience in client-facing roles
- Questionnaire development experience
- Knowledge of sampling and the survey fielding process
- Pro-active, must be a team player and be able to work with a wide range of personalities
- A proven track record of managing and prioritizing multiple projects on time and on budget
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize key trends and insights and the ability to explain research findings to non-researchers
- Experience managing and training junior-level staff members
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to meet deadlines a must
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills
- High-level proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university (While not a requirement, degrees or coursework in anthropology, sociology, psychology, social justice, critical race theory, gender studies, and/or cultural studies are preferred)
Not required, but a definite plus:
- Experience in the Latinx, Black, Asian, or other multicultural space
- Experience in media, advertising, or tech
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish or Mandarin
- A creative eye, with skills in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and/or other graphics programs
The ideal candidate will be able to work independently but also be comfortable working as part of a team. Candidates must be detail-oriented, be able to multitask, be a self-starter, and be willing to train/mentor more junior employees. We are a small office, so we are looking for someone who is not only the right fit for the position but also the right fit for the office. Though we keep busy, we enjoy spending time with each other when we can and are friends, not just co-workers.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Our benefits package includes paid medical, life, and disability insurance for employees, FSA and childcare plans, optional vision and dental plans, 401(k) with employer match, vacation, sick and personal days, and biannual discretionary bonuses.
To apply, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Applicants should also be prepared to submit writing samples and/or previous analytical work upon request.
To apply, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or applicants have the option to apply through the link below. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Applicants should also be prepared to submit writing samples and/or previous analytical work upon request.