Communications & Marketing DirectorCenter for Healthy Minds
Appointment percent: 75-100% FTE
The Communications and Marketing Director at the Center for Healthy Minds provides leadership for the development, implementation and evaluation of the Center’s communications and marketing strategies, media, and public relations activities; works collaboratively with Center leadership to create annual strategic communications plans; and is responsible for effectively creating a global presence for the Center. This role is expected to lead Center goals related to audience reach, diversity, equity, inclusion, and philanthropic impact. Therefore, the ideal candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and experience reaching diverse audiences.
The Center for Healthy Minds envisions a kinder, wiser, more compassionate world. As an interdisciplinary research Center, Our mission is to cultivate well-being and relieve suffering through a scientific understanding of the mind. CHM is a leader in conducting science – both in and out of the lab – on how to nurture emotional well-being in daily life across the lifespan.
Equity and inclusion are integral to achieving the vision of the Center. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across all spectrums. The Center is committed to continuously increasing the cultural competence of its faculty, staff and students through organization-wide forums and professional development opportunities.
- 15% Develop and implement communications focused strategic planning initiatives and objectives
- 20% Develops communications campaigns, social media initiatives, programs, and/or projects in alignment with strategic objectives
- 10% Assists in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures to promote communications in alignment with the strategic plan
- 30% Directs and evaluates communications projects, including the design, production, and delivery of internal and external publications
- 10% Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- 5% Develop and monitor the unit’s communications budget
- 10% Serve as a liaison to internal and external stakeholder groups providing communications information and representing the interests of the Center
Bachelor’s degree required with a preference for Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Five or more years of communications and marketing work experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading teams and translating strategic thinking into executable plans and project management.
- Experience with cross-cultural communications, reaching diverse audiences, and familiarity with accessibility best practices.
- Writing and communicating complex ideas to non-technical audiences.
- Leading the conceptual aspects of event development such as setting strategy, program development, as well as managing external and internal partnerships.
- Leading the development of audio visual communications.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Salary: Minimum starting salary: $70,00 – Depending on qualifications
An applicant may be hired into a No-Prefix University Relations Specialist or Senior University Relations Specialist title dependent upon experience. Title will be determined upon hire. Rate of pay will be based on experience and qualifications.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) Project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Fall 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://hr.wisc.edu/title-and-total-compensation-study/.
INSTITUTIONAL STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background – people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
For questions contact: Lisa Wesley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-262-0196
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://employeedisabilities.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Madison is an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
For a complete job posting and to apply click HERE and select the “Apply Now” button and start the application process.
Upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references, including your current supervisor. References will not be contacted without advanced notice.
Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to the minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience.
Application deadline: October 27, 2021