Meet the Multicultural Media PRSA NY
Date: Sep 26, 2013
Meet the Multicultural Media: Top National Multicultural Editors,Tuesday October 1st 5:30-8pm NYC. Panelists include: Galina Espinoza, Samantha Henry, Garry Pierre-Pierre and Lisa Skriloff with Moderator Pei-Sze Cheng.
The multicultural market is growing, and it is estimated that by 2050, more than half of the overall U.S. population will be ethnic and racially diverse. The importance of diversity in the PR profession to represent this market change is crucial going forward. It’s imperative to learn how to pitch the multicultural media and to foster multiracial engagement with top media outlets.
Join us on October 1 for an opportunity to hear from a panel of top multi-cultural editors who will provide insights on how to:
- Successfully build relationships with the multicultural media
- Help multiracial clients gain visibility and coverage on major media outlets
- Identify needs that resonate with the multicultural media
- Use the correct language when talking about diversity issues
- Leverage appropriate channels to connect with a multicultural audience
- Become a good storyteller and craft messages with cultural sensitivity
- Galina Espinoza, Contributing Editor, Parade Magazine
- Samantha Henry, Reporter, The Associated Press
- Garry Pierre-Pierre, Founder, Haitian Times, Executive Director, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism-Center for Community and Ethnic Media
- Lisa Skriloff, President, Multicultural Marketing Resources & Editor, Multicultural Marketing News
- Pei-Sze Cheng, I-Team Reporter, NBC 4 New York
Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Place: Anchin, Block & Anchin
1375 Broadway (Btw 37th & 38th) – 23rd Floor
Register Now for this event
For more information and group discounts contact the Chapter office at 212-228-7228
Visit PRSANY.org for information on volunteering and more!