|Tourism Diversity Matters (TDM) invites you to attend The Collective Experience: 2023 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Conference on October 23-24, 2023, in Philadelphia.|
The 2023 DEI conference will focus on a wide range of diverse and inclusive strategies that can influence corporate social responsibility and create fair treatment, access, and advancement for all, eliminating barriers.
Designed for CEOs, corporate leaders, Chief Diversity Officers, government officials, and university-level educators and administrators, the conference offers a two-day conference agenda that DEI content sessions, several keynotes, a reception, and award dinner and after-glow.
The Collective Experience foundational events include:
- The Academic Think Tank, October 23: a forum specifically designed for deans, directors, research faculty and DEI practitioners. Sessions will address topics including accessing a diverse talent pipeline, curriculum and staff development, diverse and inclusive performance metrics, and funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- DEI Thought Leadership, October 23: a platform designed for attendees to collaborate with influential individuals and experts in the field of DEI. Attendees will engage in a results-oriented discussion of today’s hard-hitting issues with a focus on future perspectives. Sessions will address a variety of positive change methods to create more inclusive and equitable organizations and communities.
- CEO Roundtable, October 24: a gathering of chief executive officers (CEOs) from various companies and industries to discuss relevant issues openly and candidly. They share industry-specific knowledge, emerging trends and innovative approaches. CEOs can gain valuable insights and access to information that may help them make informed decisions and drive their organizations forward.
Sessions will ignite inspiration and preparedness for today’s most pressing DEI issues. Critical conversations across DEI will include:
- DEI Politics and Culture
- DEI The Next Horizon
- DEI in Academia
- Tourism Recruitment at Academic Institutions and Workforce Development
- Supplier Diversity
Featured global speakers will include:
- Carsten Beck, distinguished Futurist and director of Copenhagen Institute For Futures Studies. As a keynote speaker at the conference, he will focus on Mega Trends and the transformative forces shaping DEI, meetings and conventions, and workforce. His experience across corporate, government and NGOs will provide leaders with a collaborative forum to discuss common challenges, exchange ideas and share insights.
- Hernan Tagliani, President, The Group Advertising. Tagliani is a highly respected multicultural Hispanic marketing expert, business speaker and author whose insights and expertise are invaluable to companies.
- Margaret Spence, Founder, The Inclusive Learning Lab. Spence is a leading consultant, speaker and author. She is one of the foremost authorities on linking human resources best practices with workers’ compensation and integrated disability management.
- Dr. Kryss Shane is an American LGBT+ expert, social work educator, consultant, author and a popular public speaker. Her keen insights are featured in the New York Times, ABC News, CNN, Oprah Magazine, Rolling Stone, Readers Digest and Playboy.
Full conference registration is $750, which includes access to all sessions, events and research. Registration is now open. For more information about the conference, including a full list of speakers and panelists and to register, visit TDMcollective.com.
About Tourism Diversity Matters:
Tourism Diversity Matters (TDM) is a 501(c)(6) founded in 2021 to empower tourism organizations to evolve and achieve excellence in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). Dedicated solely to all dimensions of DEI, TDM drives organizations forward through four primary pillars of activity: Apprenticeships, Workforce Development, Diversity Equity and Inclusion Strategies, and Research and Data. TDM collaborates with renowned academic institutions and industry partners to address workforce disparities and ensure tourism organizations have equitable access to forward-thinking research and educational resources. Through exceptional expertise and leading DEI strategies, TDM’s highly customized work guides organizations to fuel innovation, grow their business and become an employer of choice. Learn more at tourismdiversitymatters.org.