|Today through Monday, October 9th, 2023, use promo code MMRNEWS2023 and receive 50% off!!|
The Collective Experience: 2023 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Conference gathers leaders across corporate, non-profit, government and academic sectors to exchange insights and concepts about diversity, equity and inclusion best practices. The October 2023 conference will ignite inspiration and preparedness for today’s most pressing DEI issues with an impressive lineup of speakers, including:
- Opening Keynote: Jonathan D. Lovitz, Director of Public Affairs & Senior Advisor, Economic Development Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Closing Keynote: Steve Pemberton, Author, A Chance in the World and Chief People Officer, Workhuman
- CEO Roundtable Opening Speaker: Carsten Beck, Director & Futurist, Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies
- Regional DEI leaders from Amtrak, PHL Diversity and Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority and Temple University
- Academic leaders from San Diego State University, University of Houston and Virginia State University
- Executives from The Axelrod Firm,The Group Advertising, Pink Media, Travel Unity
- Founders from Autism Travel Club, Ebony Expats, The Inclusive Learning Lab, Reed Development Group, The Root of Everything and more
These visionary leaders will share their insights and experiences, providing attendees with a unique perspective on inclusive economic development and empowerment, the future of work, global trends, creating opportunities for others and more. The conference will be emceed by acclaimed DEI leader Jennifer Rodríguez, president and CEO of the Greater Philadelphia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GPHCC). Leadership tracks include:
- DEI Thought Leadership, October 23: expert-led sessions will focus on driving positive change to create more inclusive and equitable organizations and communities. Topics include DEI Politics and Culture, DEI The Next Horizon/New Business, DEI Data Measuring KPI Success, and more.
- The Academic Think Tank, October 23: a forum specifically designed for deans, directors, research faculty, and DEI practitioners to discuss and make recommendations for best practices, accessing a diverse talent pipeline, and producing diverse and inclusive performance metrics, as well as curriculum and staff development.
- CEO Roundtable, October 24: a gathering of CEOs from the private and public sectors to discuss openly and candidly how organizations can embrace diversity and inclusion not only as a means to enhance business performance but also as an enabler of innovation and collaboration.
- Breakout Sessions, October 24: expert-led sessions on DEI topics from small organizations and disabled communities to supplier diversity and organizational culture.
New this year is the inaugural Tourism Diversity Matters Diversity & Inclusion Awards Dinner on Monday, October 23. This year’s event, sponsored by Meet Boston, will honor the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). The evening will begin with an opening reception starting at 5 p.m. EST, dinner from 6-8:30 p.m. EST followed by an after-dinner networking reception at 9 p.m. EST.
Full conference registration to The Collective Experience is $750, which includes access to the Awards Dinner as well as access to all other events, sessions and research. Individual tickets to the Awards Dinner can be purchased for $250; or a table of ten (10) for $1500. Registration is open.
Don’t Forget! Use promo code MMRNEWS2023 by October 9th and receive 50% off!!
WHAT: The Collective Experience: 2023 Diversity Equity & Inclusion Conference
WHEN: October 23-24, 2023
Day One: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST
Day Two: 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. EST
WHERE: Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing
201 S. Christopher Columbus Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19106
About Tourism Diversity Matters:
Tourism Diversity Matters (TDM) is a 501(c)(6) founded in 2021 to empower tourism organizations to evolve and achieve excellence in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). Dedicated solely to all dimensions of DEI, TDM drives organizations forward through four primary pillars of activity: Apprenticeships, Workforce Development, Diversity Equity and Inclusion Strategies, and Research and Data. TDM collaborates with renowned academic institutions and industry partners to address workforce disparities and ensure tourism organizations have equitable access to forward-thinking research and educational resources. Through exceptional expertise and leading DEI strategies, TDM’s highly customized work guides organizations to fuel innovation, grow their business and become an employer of choice. Learn more at tourismdiversitymatters.org.