ADVANCING DIVERSITY FROM ADVOCACY TO ACTIVISM FIVE-POINT PLAN OF ACTION TO BE ANNOUNCED AT CES
At CES 2020, Advancing.Diversity.org, Advancing Diversity Council members and MediaVillage, with the support of more than 50 leading companies and organizations, will announce a five-year plan of action to Advance Diversity from Advocacy to Activism across the marketing, media and entertainment ecosystem. All media, marketing, advertising and entertainment companies are invited to have a seat at the leadership table when more than 500 brand, agency and media leaders gather at CES on January 8th from 4 to 7pm at the Park MGM Conference Center (adjacent to the Aria) to highlight our industry’s most successful diversity initiatives at the 3rd Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors Immersive Induction Experience. With media and advertising ranking among the lowest of 15 industries for inclusive talent acquisition, retention and morale, it’s critically important to highlight our industry’s successes as we compete in the global marketplace for talent. Join the industry’s largest event and Meet-Up focused on Advancing Diversity when we to announce the launch of a major global talent recruitment campaign highlighting our industry’s commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
As an Advancing Diversity Partner, you will join 2020 Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors inductees Shelley Zalis, The Hershey Company, Walmart/Sam’s Club, Publicis Media, ADCOLOR, Institute for Veterans and Military Families, Muslim Public Affairs Council/Hollywood, and Walt Disney Television. The Advancing Diversity Council includes P&G, Unilever, Budweiser, Verizon, IPG, ANA, NBA and others. In addition to the Hall of Honors Induction, partners can participate in the Meet-Up/Job Fair, which last year attracted more than 100 potential candidates. The Immersive Induction Experience is presented by Sundance Institute Theater Program.
Register to attend the Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors Induction Experience in partnership with Sundance Institute Theater Program at www.CES20.com To hear 2020 Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors inductees discuss industry diversity issues, visit www.advancingdiversity.org.
Founded in 2016 by MyersBizNet Chairman Jack Myers, Advancing Diversity is the umbrella organization for Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors and supports WomenAdvancing.org, 1stFive.org, LegendsLeaders.org, FutureofMen.org and Jacaronda Foundation, a 501-C3 non-profit organization underwriting college loan relief programs for young people working in media, advertising, marketing and entertainment. AdvancingDiversity.org is hosted at MediaVillage.com under the Jack Myers Knowledge Exchange. Learn more about the Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors and watch video interviews with inductees and underwriters from past induction events at www.advancingdiversity.org.
2018-2019 ADVANCING DIVERSITY HALL OF HONORS INDUCTEES
- Advertising Council, Lisa Sherman, President
- Association of National Advertisers, Bob Liodice, CEO
- Badger & Winters, Madonna Badger, CCO/Founder,
- The Interpublic Group Michael Roth, CEO
- IAB Education Foundation Randall Rothenberg, President
- Nielsen, David Kenny, CEO & Chief Diversity Officer
- Unilever, Aline Santos, Global EVP of Marketing
- Ernst & Young, Jamell Mitchell, Neurodiversity Operations Leader
- Budweiser Core & Value Brands, Ricardo Marques, Group VP Marketing
- Kay Koplovitz, Springboard Enterprises, Founder & CEO
- #FreeTheBid, Alma Har’el, Filmmaker/Founder
- P&G, Marc Pritchard, Chief Brand Officer
- 3% Movement, Kat Gordon, Founder/CEO
- National Basketball Association, Liliahn Majeed, VP Diversity & Inclusion
- Verizon, Diego Scotti, EVP/CMO
2020 ADVANCING DIVERSITY HALL OF HONORS INDUCTEES
- ADCOLOR, Tiffany R. Warren, Founder & President; SVP, Chief Diversity Officer Omnicom Group
- The Hershey Company Jill Baskin, Chief Marketing Officer
- Institute for Veteran and Military Families at Syracuse University, J. Michael Haynie Ph.D Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation
- The Female Quotient, Shelley Zalis, CEO
- Muslim Public Affairs Council; The Hollywood Bureau, Sue Obeidi, Director
- Publicis Media Americas, Tim Jones, CEO
- Walt Disney Television, Tim McNeal, VP Talent Development
- Walmart/Sam’s Club, Tony Rogers, Chief Member Officer, Sam’s Club