The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) announced that they are accepting applications for the 12th annual "annual "¡Lánzate! / Take Off!" Travel Award program. Prizes for the program will be provided / Take Off!" Travel Award program. Prizes for the program will be provided by Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV). Online applications will be accepted through May 13, 2016, at hacu.net. The program is geared toward Latino college students with economic need who pursue higher education at least 200 miles away from home. All applicants must complete an online application including an essay describing their inspiration to pursue a college degree. Educators and education activists from around the country will form a diverse judging panel this summer to choose the 2016 Travel Award recipients. Travel has been provided to 830 students since the program's inception in 2005. For more information about the prize and to view the criteria for the 2016 award program, please visit: SWAmedia.
Multicultural Travel News
Multicultural Travel News newsletter (MTN) covers travel news of interest to ethnic and niche travelers and those who market to them. We write about destinations that interest multicultural travelers or have outreach campaigns to travelers of Hispanic, African American, Asian American and other cultural backgrounds; women; LGBT travelers and people with disabilities.
Multicultural Travel News is also written for leisure and business travelers looking for what to see and do and for marketing executives interested in ideas, best practices and the business case for targeting so-called "minority" travelers. We cover cities and countries, hotels, airlines, cruise lines, convention and visitor bureaus, tour operators and other travel marketers with a multicultural angle. Multicultural Travel news is written and edited by Lisa Skriloff.
Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) Accepting Applications For Southwest Airlines Lanzate Travel Award Program For College Students
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- THE IMBIBLE: A SPIRITED HISTORY OF DRINKING – a Review
- Hispanic Travelers Look Beyond Spanish-Speaking Agencies
- Black-Owned Shops, Restaurants, Day Spas & More Boom In Philadelphia
- Lucky Dragon Enters the Las Vegas Strip
- Heritage, History and Hispanic explorers in San Diego
- Planning Your Perfect French Cultural Vacation in Québec City
- Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the New France Festival in Québec City from August 3-7
- Pocono Mountains Celtic Festival, May 28-29, Shawnee Mountain, NJ
- Catskills Irish Arts Week, July 10-16, 2016 in the Great Northern Catskills, New York
- The Film Society of Lincoln Center and Luce Cinecittà Announce La Magnani, May 18 - June 1