Copywriter/Proofreader (bilingual Spanish)
Company: Castells & Asociados
Location: Los Angeles CA
The primary role of the Copywriter/Proofreader is to write copy and provide proofreading and quality checks for the direct marketing materials for the agency’s Telecommunications client. This includes TV and radio scripts; acquisition/upgrade direct mail, shared mail, emails, e-blasts, digital banners, web landing pages, collateral, FSI, print and OOH.
He/she appreciates and thrives on the mechanical design/production process, has a great eye for design, must be able juggle multiple campaigns and a myriad of versioning; and be well organized to manage multiple projects in a highly demanding and collaborative environment. Work within the creative team to translate concepts, expand/evolve creative directions into polished copy and support overall agency needs.
They will report into the Sr. Copywriter or Creative Director based on the individual’s seniority.
We need someone with drive, poise and focus under pressure, and passion… the ability to view the work as fun!
Detailed Responsibilities / Duties
- Write Direct Mail and Direct Response copy for telecommunications client
- Copyedit/proofread creative materials, reviewing consistency, accuracy and clarity
- Use traditional proofreader's marks to indicate edits to make clear, concise corrections appropriate to the context and voice of the material
- Write copy using agreed upon voice and grammatically correct Spanish
- Effectively prioritize all projects to meet copy deadlines and traffic/review/approval process
- Ensure copy is engaging and informative, delivers the creative brief and brand philosophy
- Manage projects from inception through execution and print/posting. Ensure all requested edits are compiled and Client direction is incorporated into materials
- Develop a strong understanding of our telecom client targets, plans and guidelines
- Be comfortable working individually and within a team framework.
- Work with team to refine requests and ensure effective communications
- Handle large volumes of work; be flexible working with clients and agency staff or partners with an upbeat approach as a motivational, stress-free team player
- Proofread and copyedit all direct marketing materials using standardized note edits
- Manage accuracy of direct mail versioning by matching to matrix with varying offers, telephone numbers, formats, codes and/or language
- Manage press checks and approvals for content, color breaks, last-minute changes
- Closely partner with copywriters, account teams, and project managers to route materials and meet project deadlines, assisting in voice, tone and style guidelines
- Check files to make sure of the following:
- Text matches the original; correct spelling and style consistent with guidelines
- Page numbers, headings, and photos/illustrations captions are correct
- Footnote/endnote numbering corresponds from body copy to legal
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Scrupulous approach to detailed work
- Careful eye for catching grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors
- Ability to review content, fact-check information, and raise flags about questionable or inconsistent information
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Thrive in high-volume, deadline-driven environment with fluctuating project demands, rush requests, and manage multiple projects/deadlines at once
- Familiarity with direct mail production process
- Familiarity with telecom or pay-TV highly desirable
- Ability to take directions and feedback
- Accept working occasional nights and weekends as needed
- Passionate and able to have a sense of humor under pressure
To apply: please email Melissa Ojeda at email@example.com