Annual favorites and new cultural treasures are part of this years’ Philadelphia's Hispanic Heritage Month events. The anticipated Open Air Exhibition, a massive interactive public arts display by artist Rafael Lozano-Hemmer, lights up the celebration along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, while on the Avenue of the Arts, The Philadelphia Orchestra brings West Side Story to the Kimmel Center. Penn's Landing's Mexican Independence Day Festival and the Puerto Rican Day Parade on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway draw thousands of people to celebrate, and the Philadelphia Phillies' Latino Family Celebration combines sporting and ethnic pride. The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) makes Philadelphia and The Countryside a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases business and promotes the region's vitality. For more information about travel to Philadelphia, visit visitphilly.com or uwishunu.com.
Multicultural Travel News
Multicultural Travel News newsletter (MTN) covers travel news of interest to ethnic and niche travelers and those who market to them. We write about destinations that interest multicultural travelers or have outreach campaigns to travelers of Hispanic, African American, Asian American and other cultural backgrounds; women; gays/lesbians and people with disabilities.
Published bi-monthly, MTN is written for leisure and business travelers looking for what to see and do and for marketing executives interested in ideas, best practices and the business case for targeting so-called "minority" travelers. Each issue includes content about cities and countries, hotels, airlines, cruise lines, convention and visitor bureaus, tour operators and other travel marketers with a multicultural angle. Multicultural Travel news is written and edited by Lisa Skriloff.
News Blurb: Philadelphia’s Hispanic Heritage Month, September 15-October 15: Month of Cultural Fiestas
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- News Blurb: Ohio Historical Society, National Afro-American Museum Reopened with New Exhibition, Activities
- News Blurb: Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Celebrating African-American Pioneers in Sea, Air and Space with Free Tour Guide Talk
- News Blurb: 6th Annual International Waikiki Hula Conference Pays Tribute to 50 Years of Merrie Monarch Festival
- News Blurb: Experiential Travel with East-Indian Culture in Trinidad and Tobago
- News Blurb: Barbados Heritage Featured on Jewish Living Television
- News Blurb: Mazatlan Promotes City as Top Cultural Destination in the Mexican Pacific
- News Blurb: Orbitz Launched Spanish Site, Orbitz en Español
- News Blurb: Manchester, A Thriving LGBT Scene With Many Events Throughout 2013
- News Blurb: Scottish Weekend, January 25-27, Mohonk Mountain House
- News Blurb: Black Tourism Yields Strong Economic Impact for Greater Fort Lauderdale