Multicultural dining and entertainment choices, including The Taste Bar complimentary appetizer program and the Punchliner Comedy Club and Comedy Brunch presented by George Lopez, debut on the Carnival Miracle which launched the line’s first year-round schedule from New York on April 12, 2012.Carnival’s newest casual dining option, The Taste Bar, is being introduced on Carnival Miracle with fleet wide implementation expected to be completed by summer 2013. The Taste Bar sample offerings include roasted pork tacos with green chili salsa and aged cotija cheese and chicken, avocado, and lime tortilla soup; fried malanga (sweet potatoes) filled with ginger-scented pork and lime aioli, and pepper pot soup with cilantro sour cream; short rib croquettes with chipotle aioli and guava and tomato relish, served with pumpkin bisque with sour cream. For the Punchliner Comedy Brunch, many items are inspired by Lopez’s Mexican heritage, including Carne y Huevos – filet mignon topped with two eggs and béarnaise sauce; Hen Alla Diavola, grilled chicken with lemon and pepper; and Mexican-style churros. Two special “George’s Recipes” dishes created by the comedian himself – his own take on Huevos Rancheros which features a chicken quesadilla topped with fried eggs and manchego cheese, and a breakfast burrito filled with scrambled eggs, beans and chorizo – are also offered. As Carnival’s “curator of comedy,” Lopez will act as a consultant on the vetting and hiring of comedic talent in one of the line’s most popular nighttime entertainment options, and advise on décor, lighting, music and more to enhance the overall comedy club experience. The Punchliner Comedy Club will offer five side-splitting 35-minute shows on multiple nights during each voyage, with at least two comedians performing each night. Two early-evening shows offer family fun while the later performances feature R-rated adults-only comedy. Lopez has recorded a number of fun, light-hearted greetings that will be shown on Carnival Miracle’s in-cabin televisions and played during introductions of comedy club performances. Itineraries offered: Eastern Caribbean departures to San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk; Bahamas sailings featuring stops at the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Nassau, and Bahamas/Florida cruises with port calls to Port Canaveral (Orlando), Nassau and Freeport. For more information, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit www.carnival.com
Multicultural Travel News
Multicultural Travel News newsletter (MTN) covers travel news of interest to ethnic and niche travelers and those who market to them. We write about destinations that interest multicultural travelers or have outreach campaigns to travelers of Hispanic, African American, Asian American and other cultural backgrounds; women; gays/lesbians and people with disabilities.
Published bi-monthly, MTN is written for leisure and business travelers looking for what to see and do and for marketing executives interested in ideas, best practices and the business case for targeting so-called "minority" travelers. Each issue includes content about cities and countries, hotels, airlines, cruise lines, convention and visitor bureaus, tour operators and other travel marketers with a multicultural angle. Multicultural Travel news is written and edited by Lisa Skriloff.
Multicultural Dining and Entertainment Options With Carnival Miracle's Launch of Year-Round Service from New York
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- News Blurb: Ohio Historical Society, National Afro-American Museum Reopened with New Exhibition, Activities
- News Blurb: Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Celebrating African-American Pioneers in Sea, Air and Space with Free Tour Guide Talk
- News Blurb: 6th Annual International Waikiki Hula Conference Pays Tribute to 50 Years of Merrie Monarch Festival
- News Blurb: Experiential Travel with East-Indian Culture in Trinidad and Tobago
- News Blurb: Barbados Heritage Featured on Jewish Living Television
- News Blurb: Mazatlan Promotes City as Top Cultural Destination in the Mexican Pacific
- News Blurb: Orbitz Launched Spanish Site, Orbitz en Español
- News Blurb: Manchester, A Thriving LGBT Scene With Many Events Throughout 2013
- News Blurb: Scottish Weekend, January 25-27, Mohonk Mountain House
- News Blurb: Black Tourism Yields Strong Economic Impact for Greater Fort Lauderdale