From December 9-22, 2011, the Film Society of Lincoln Center will present the 20th edition of Spanish Cinema Now. The series will feature the latest films from Spain as well as a special tribute to the legendary director, Luis García Berlanga. Highlights from this year’s films include the opening night screening of Nacho Vigalondo’s sci-fi thriller “Extraterrestrial,” Mireia Ros’ Catalan documentary, “Barcelona Before” and the Galician film “Crebinsky,” directed by Enrique Otero. A new generation of Spanish comedy is also well represented in this year’s edition of Spanish Cinema Now, with Santiago Segura’s “Torrente 4: Lethal Crisis”, the latest film in the Torrente series. Filmmakers and actors from these films and others will also be present. The centerpiece of the line-up will be a 10-film tribute to the late Luis García Berlanga, who revolutionized Spanish cinema in the fifties and early sixties. Beyond being important documents of the growing social resistance to Franco, Berlanga’s films exhibit an extraordinary humor that seem to propel the often madcap tales into more general, timeless observations on the human condition. Spanish Cinema Now is presented by the Film Society in collaboration with the Spanish Film Institute (ICAA) in Madrid and the Instituto Cervantes in New York. Tickets went on sale both at the box office and on-line on Thursday, November 24. Most public and press screenings will be held at the Film Society of Lincoln Center's Walter Reade Theater. To learn more, visit http://www.filmlinc.com/films/series/spanish-cinema-now.
Multicultural Entertainment News
Multicultural Entertainment News is a special edition of MMRnews featuring news about theater, film, music, dining and entertainment events and entertainment marketing news with a multicultural focus. It covers audience and outreach campaigns aimed at markets including Hispanics, African Americans, Asian Americans, women, GLBT and people with disabilities. Sign up to subscribe to MMRnews.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- News Blurb: The Film Society of Lincoln Center Announces Lineup for the 21st Edition of “Spanish Cinema Now”, December 7-16
- News Blurb: World Premieres in Dance, Music and Opera Anchor Harlem Stage’s 30th Anniversary Season, NYC
- News Blurb: The Apollo Announces a Special Engagement of “Ask Your Mama” with Jessye Norman and the Roots, March 23rd, NYC
- News Blurb: 13th New York International Latino Film Festival Returns, August 13-19, NYC
- News Blurb: The Apollo Cultural Exchange Series Presents A Celebration of June’s Black Music Month Starring African Reggae Star Tiken Jah Fakoly, June 16th, NYC
- News Blurb: The Broadway League Launched Viva Broadway, NYC, May 11
- 11th Annual Tribeca Film Festival, April 18 – April 29, NYC
- News Blurb: “Una Noche” and “Babygirl” are stand outs at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival, NYC, April 19-27
- News Blurb: A Spanish Comedy, “Casa de mi Padre” Opens Friday, March 16, 2012, Nationwide
- The Film Society of Lincoln Center Presents the 20th edition of Spanish Cinema Now